Monday, May 19, 2008

Allow me to re-introduce myself...



After a long blog sabbatical, I am back to salivate collectively over artisanal treats, culinary finds, recipes, reviews and feed you the cultural moments that highlight my days and nights.

The Brooklyn landscape has been given new credence since I have returned from Italy. I have revisited my favorite Restaurants, Pizza joints, Dim Sum houses, Cheap Thai spots and places where I can guarantee muddled cocktails or the best pour of my staple downfall, Johnnie Black.

The thing is I don’t want to regurgitate the “Borough Finds” or “Cheap Eats” model. Instead, I want to further deconstruct the role food plays in my life and talk about the transcendent moments where dinner parties, street vendors, food I’ve stumbled on or sought out WOW me. I want to share them with you all to bring back into your homes; to inform the care and zeal to which you entertain, feed your children or seduce your next lover with.

My infatuation with food remains woven into my daily life and I consider this medium the best extension my heart can gift to you. In return, all I ask for is your feedback and an open minded palette.

I’m hungry. I reckon we should all get offline and eat!

1 comment:

Josh said...

Hey Mike! Glad to see you're back up and posting. Can't wait to see more.