Wednesday, August 8, 2007

…Allora…


The wind from the Adriatic has swooped me from my intended destination. I have landed in one of the most beautiful cities I have ever been (big words!), Lecce in Puglia. Described as the Florence of the South; curvy seductive streets, baroque Piazza’s, Papier-mache, Roman Theatres, malleable “Lecce Stone” and University students are now the backdrop for my new culinary adventure.


Puglia is a mandatory for food enthusiasts, but void of overbearing tourism (the biggest complaint of Florence). A 4hr drive from Campania explodes with new techniques, ingredients, references and tastes. Oriecchiette, Oregano, Arosto (roasted meats) and some of the worlds most pronounced Olive Oil are just some of the textbook examples of Puglian gastronomy, but indeed there is so much more…

Simply put, a city is more than the Postcard. As always I will do my best to navigate you through all the subtleties in approach, the eccentricities, hospitality and learning’s. I couldn’t be any happier with my decision…

No comments: